"The people who give you their food give you their heart" - Cesar Chavez


Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Dehydrator Diaries: Kale Chips with Garlic

Red counters make everything look good.....It's been a while since I've brought out my dehydrator. I sort of feel bad for it - it's large and clunky and sitting in a bag and get so little love! I will change though and start making more kale chips or whatever chips. I made these for a little family gathering and they were gone in minutes. These are addicting and even more so because you know they are super healthy! Krack Kale Chips? Kidding. This was actually my second attempt at kale chips, the first time I lost track of time and over dehydrated them (I'm so neglectful to this dehydrator!) There is just one secret to this recipe, other than not over-dehydrating it, you have to massage the kale. A little something I learned from my buddy Sean, massaging kale makes it more accessible and tenderizes the kale. So set the mood, dim the lights and put on a slinky dress and massage your kale with your best olive oil like your about to ask it for a favor ;)

Kale Chips


Ingredients:
2 bunches of kale
Olive oil
Himalayan pink salt
Garlic powder

Directions:
1. Wash the kale, dry it, drizzle it with olive oil and massage it for 10 minutes
2. Sprinkle it with salt and garlic powder and toss in the bowl to evenly coat
3. Place in the dehydrator at 135 for 1-2 hours. Check for your desired crispiness.

No comments: